Sunday, January 12, 2014

Snowflake Legend

Hi friends.  This week just flew by for me.  It's hard to believe the weekend is already here. 

Today I have a Christmas card.  The snowflake legend stamp I used on my card is from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps.  They have awesome stamps.  The spatter stamp is from My Paper Moon, which is another terrific place to shop for stamps.  I don't know the origin of the flourish stamp.  I embellished my card with ribbon, snowflake punches and a couple stick pins.


Challenges I'm entering:

All Sorts - Use Ribbon, no bows.

Catch the Bug - Winter Wonderland

Crafty Calendar - Let's Celebrate - Christmas Card

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Winter Weather

Crazy Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes

Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes

Scrapbook Blessings Club - Celebrate Winter

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Blessings:
  • I'm so thankful that I know how to mend and alter clothing.  I use these skills nearly every week for myself or my family.  
  • We're back to warm weather!!!!  I'm a cold weather wimp. lol
  • I was able to do my exercise this week, despite a high pain level and a migraine.
Have a fabulous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

21 comments:

brenda said...

What a really lovely quote Shelly and the stamping around really makes it a delightful card.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B x

brenda said...

I was so taken in with that quote that I totally forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, lovely ribbon, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxxx

SCarol said...

What a beautiful card! And my goodness you're doing loads of challenges! I think I'll have a go at the Word Art Wednesday sometime. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment, I'm glad it brought you encouragement. Blessings to you.

Unknown said...

Oh how totally pretty this looks Shelly... Love the text and the pretty colours! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Melissa S. said...

beautiful card. Love4 all the little embellishments and the story of the Snowflake is great. Thanks for playing along with Bugaboo this week.

Doris said...

Hi Shelly! It's been a long time since I stopped by, but I'm getting back on track. You've given me some ideas for using up more of my scraps on future cards. Happy New Year!

SandeeNC said...

Hi Shelly, thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love your snowflake card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Unknown said...

Shelly, love the snowy winter card!
Thanks for joining us over at The Scrapbook Blessings Club this week and hope to see you again soon!
Jennyfer, SBC DT


♥ ScrapBook Blessings Club DT ♥

♥ Jennyfer Creates ♥

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my CHNC challenges and also Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

Mummylade said...

lovely quote! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge!

Tammy Miller said...

Wow what a great project! Thanks so much for joining our Winter wonderland Challenge at CTB! Join us next week for our 4th Birthday Week long Celebration!

Leanne said...

Just love this snowflake legend. I think it will bring a smile to my face the next time some snow falls (which, if the weather people are correct, will be some time today! Oh, Chicago in winter!! Ah!!!!). I just love the whole tone of this card. Very pretty. Hope you are feeling better.

Billie A said...

Really nice card and love the colors and sentiment. thanks for playing along with us at CTB. Hope you stop by for our 4th birthday week starting 1-18-14

Rocky said...

I've not heard that legend before, it's beautiful, just like the card. Thank you for joining us at CHNC.

Grannymama said...

awesome card. Thank you for playing with us at SBC

Carolyn
SBC DT

Sandy Hentzel said...

What a wonderful card project?! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club. After the challenge, make sure you stop by to see if you won. I hope you have a blessed day,
Sandy
♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

lynne said...

A gorgeous Christmas card!! Fab verse! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs,
Lynne x

purplestamper316 said...

Wow! This is really pretty! Thanks for the shout out :)

Jodie Mackrell said...

very pretty. thank you for joining us at catch the bug!

Sheila said...

Very beautiful - love the sentiment and sparkle.